The TruRating application service (TruService) provides the core of the TruRating application processing. It is supplied by TruRating.
Services that TruService provides include:
- Encapsulating all TruRating business logic associated with the TruRating Application
- Caching questions and text that are active for a given point of sale.
- Providing questions and acknowledgment text to TruModule in the required language(s).
- Accepting the delivery of rating records, including attached transaction and basket data and storing them, pending a successful delivery to the TruRating host (TruHost).
- Communicating securely with TruHost via HTTPS.
TruService is offered as a cloud service on a Software as a Service (SaaS) basis. TruRating offers a fully managed cloud TruService SaaS solution hosted in Microsoft Azure. Service instances are load balanced, geo-replicated and redundant across 3 continents for optimum reliability and scalability.
TruService can in some specific cases be provided as a deployed service to run within a partner gateway or within a merhant environment. If you feel that a deployed configuration may better suit your needs then please discuss this with your technical point of contact or contact TruRating through this website.
TruService requires the following:
|In-bound IP||HTTP/HTTPS||Socket connection from TruModule|
|Out-bound IP||HTTPS||Socket connection to the TruRating host on the standard HTTPS port|
Network Bandwidth Requirements
Network bandwidth requirements for TruRating depend on a number of factors:
- How many stores are connected
- How many POS or terminals are there per store
- How much POS/transaction data is being collected along with the rating?
- What’s the frequency and volume of traffic between TruModule and TruService both peak and non-peak
- How many instances of TruService (based on geographic location of TruService instances and partner/merchant traffic routing)
The TruRating Solution Architects will work with the merchant and partners during the implementation phase to calculate these requirements based on selected architecture.