TruModule is the component of a payment or POS application that connects to TruService in order to provide TruRating services at a point of sale (POS).
TruModule is designed and developed by the developers of the parent application.
To ensure that the development of TruModule is as straight forward as possible, along with the specifications, TruRating provides a set of example implementations in different languages that may be used as required.
The core requirements of a TruModule implementation are:
- Support the XML over HTTP message connections to TruService, including forwarding any POS event messages that may be available from the payment application’s POS interface.
- Listen for trigger events or API calls within the POS/payment system and invoke a TruRating question in response to a specified question trigger (e.g. when payment or refund transaction occurs, when basket scanning commences, etc)
- Connect to TruService to request a question and acknowledgement text.
- Use the Payment Application’s driver for the PIN entry device (PED) to ask the question (1AQ1KR) and afterwards to display an acknowledgement on the PED.
- Capture the rating returned and associate it with details of the transaction and any other data (such as basket data) received from the POS where supported
- Deliver this rating record to TruService.
- Pass any TruRating receipt message back to the Payment Application/POS for inclusion on the customer receipt.
- Periodic status checking & activation support when Terminal Led Activation is supported
The full set of functional requirements for TruModule are listed in the TruModule specification.
Partner ID (PID), Merchant ID (MID) & Terminal ID (TID)
All communication between TruModule and TruService requires these three elements to be exchanged. These elements are used by TruModule to identify the partner, the merchant & outlet and to identify the terminal or POS within an outlet.
In turn these elements are used by TruRating to ensure that the correct rating questions are asked and that the rating & transactions that are received from TruModule appear correctly on our analytics.
The Partner ID (PID) is issued by TruRating to each partner during the integration phase
The Merchant ID (MID) can by any numeric, alpha or alphanumeric identifier for the merchant and the outlet. The MID must be unique across all merchants and outlets that share the same PID. Often the store number is used to create the MID and where the store number is not unique across all merchants it’s combined with the merchant name or a shorthand version of the first line of the outlet address to make it unique
The Terminal ID (TID) is numeric, alpha or alphanumeric identifier for the payment terminal or POS within the outlet that is processing the rating. The TID must be unique within a single outlet.
Please contact the TruRating technical team with any questions relating to these identifiers.